There are times when we want to use our custom hand-made ringtone for our smartphone. Apple users certainly lag behind in this department, but Android users certainly can perform well by being able to download their custom ringtones right on their mobile devices. On Android devices, this process is as easy as it sounds.
Samsung’s Android devices have a large list of default ringtones and notification tones. You can choose any one out of them according to your taste. But those inbuilt by default ringtones are not that melodious to hear.
How to Change the Android Ringtone
Now if you want to change or apply a new ringtone, you’ll just have to do certain things that are defined below. These steps would work on any of the android devices without any problem. You will not need to root a device for it either.
The procedures may be different from various different versions of the android OS. The .mp3 files that you want to use must be on your phone already. There are also certain apps available to create ringtones as well. You can either create ringtones from those apps or you can copy the ringtones from a PC or you can receive them from your friends.
Here are the steps to change via settings–
- Copy the .mp3 files to your phone. The default music player app can allow you to view all the music that you have on your device.
- Head over to the settings -> Sound -> Device Ringtone. Here, you can have a look over all the ringtones that are available by default in the device.
- Tap the Add button to open file manager app. In file manager app, find your suitable media, audio file and then select music player from the pop-up box.
- Now, you’ll see a full list of all the music that you have on your device.
- You can repeat all the above process to add other custom ringtones to the ringtone menu as well.
Here are the steps to set a custom ringtone from the music player app itself –
- Select and Play the desired file directly from the music player app.
- While the audio file is now playing, tap the menu on the right-hand top corner and then select options.
- Select Set and now choose whether you want to set this as ringtone, caller tune or the alarm tune.
Here are the steps to change Ringtones for specific contacts –
- Open the contacts app and head over to a contact page that you want to set a ringtone with.
- Tap Options and now select the ringtones section.
- Now a dialogue box will appear, from here select the ringtone that you want to set for this contact.
- There will be three folders that include ringtones –
- Default Ringtones
- Custom Ringtones
- Custom Files
- Now go to Custom Files and then select your favourite mp3.
- Now tap Done.
Using these methods, you can set and change ringtones for any android device.